|In the old Choletria the village's church was built close to the river and at quite a distance from the community. The church sustained very serious damages with the 1953 earthquake. It was estimated that the amount of around 1000 CP. was needed for its repair, a huge amount for that era.
After a suggestion by Fotios, the Metropolitan Bishop of Pafos at the time, the village's inhabitants decided to construct a new church at the community's centre. On the 20th of July 1954 the new church, which was constructed to be antiseismic, operates for the first time. Unfortunately, it was proven with the passage of time that the construction of the church was not of great quality; the church sustained great cracks and pluvial waters were entering the church as a result. On the 25th of December, 1974, the "anitseismic" church of Choletria collapsed, destroying everything that was inside the temple.
In 1984 the new church of Choletria is raised, dedicated to St. Panteleimonas and -today -being a true ornament for the community since it stands at the village's highest point and towers over it from a distance.